Hey everyone. I know that some of you have been asking me why I haven't been updating. I appreciate your concern, and I like knowing that you check. So, without further adieu, I give you the Top Ten Reasons I Haven't Been Updating...
10. I keep starting blogs, but I don't finish them. I have so many unfinished blog posts in my "saved" area of my blog. I lose steam, or I want to do more research, and I put them off until later. I assume that I'll finish most of them... eventually. Then they will be amazing.
9. I wanted to focus on my numbered posts. I was supposed to finish those a year after I started them - one a day, for a year. But I kept forgetting who I'd written about, so I wouldn't write about anyone. So I went back through every entry and wrote a list to myself so I knew who I had written about. Now I can finish one a day and not worry about any repeats. I should be done by May or June!
8. It takes forever to find lyrics, sometimes. Often, I have an idea for a post, but then I have to search to find matching lyrics, and I get caught up in the music, and I never actually get around to posting.
7. I'm reading a book. I know that I read books all the time, but this book is 766 pages (and I totally just spoiled the ending by looking for the last page number for you guys) and I am bound and determined to get through it.
6. I've been sleeping more. My 3-hours of sleep a night have been catching up to me, so I've been trying to sleep more. This takes away from my writing time! Plus, writing can really take a lot out of me. It's cathartic. I love it, but it drains me. Sometimes I fall asleep in the middle of writing.
5. Politics. Currently, there's a bill in Ohio that's getting close to being passed. It calls for the end to many of my rights as a teacher. I've been reading up on the bill so that I understand it and its implications, and I've been writing emails to state senators, urging them to vote against the bill.
4. I try to avoid my main source of inspiration. SC is so, so funny, but I don't want this blog to be about him, all the time. I know that many of my readers are childless, or that they can't take all this "my kid is so cute" shit.
3. Sometimes it's hard to write when my blog is password-protected. I understand that I should want to write for the sake of writing - and I will admit that it feels good, right now, to write this - but I used to have more motivation to write when I knew that my blog popped up in people's Google Reader. I appreciate the people that log on to see my writing, but there's something amazing about knowing that anyone at all could stumble across my blog. I want people to see my writing.
2. That teacher in Pennsylvania. There's a teacher in Pennsylvania who blogged, and she got caught, and she was suspended without pay. Her writing was reprinted all over - and not in a positive way. I know my blog is password protected now, but it makes me sick to my stomach to read about what happened to her. It made me not want to post for a while.
1. I want to be published. I've been writing an article for an Atheist magazine. They asked for submissions, and I would love to have my voice heard. It's my first step toward becoming that Famous Atheist Writer that I want to be.
So, that having been said, I'm going to make this blog one of my priorities again. It feels good to write, and I know that people look forward to my posts. Check back - and thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment