Thursday, June 19, 2014

1.19 My Best Friend: When I met her

     I was lonely my first semester at college. I lived on one side of the college with a roommate who was a former homecoming queen. I met people in classes, but after class we went our separate ways. I did meet one girl, though, in my Spanish class, and through her I met some great people in her dorm. The second semester, I moved into that dorm, and college fun really began.
    However, although I made friends, I wasn't able to crack into this group of three that hung out. They were always together, and even if I was nice to them, they were always lost in their own little world. So I kind of ignored them and went my own way, making my own friends.
     Over the summer, though, I started getting letters -- handwritten letters with stickers -- with one of the girls in that group. I wrote back, of course. And I loosely kept in touch with the brainy girl in the group. This continued through our sophomore year in college. And then, the summer before junior year, I got an apartment with a friend, and she invited the brainy girl to live with us.
     The thing is, the friend I got an apartment with took off about a week after we moved in. So this girl and I were thrown together. And... it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Something clicked, and she became like the sister I never had. I'd never really had a best friend before. On the 19th of every month, I'll tell stories about her and me, and I hope that they show just how much she means to me.


And heeeeeeeere's NGS! 

2 comments: