Saturday, June 21, 2014

1.21: Laughter - Wiener Dog

     Today I went to the Humane Society to volunteer, and I was greeted by the cutest little guy.




     He was wiggly and sweet and his feet were a different color than his body. He's short, like a basset hound or a dachshund,  but he's got the face of some larger dog. I laughed and laughed at how amazing he was. I'm more fond of large dogs, but this little one is perfect. He kept trying to escape from the outside cage and follow me around the backyard. 
     It's hard to volunteer with animals and not immediately spring into a great mood. I can feel that I'm being helpful, and it's nice to see how happy the animals are when I give them attention. Even the cats will recognize me and bound over to me when I walk into their section. 
     Of course, the shelter is competing with my job and my family and my impending surgery, so I can't devote as much time there as I would like. But when I can get out there, everyone benefits. 


Ha ha ha ha what did NGS write about?! 

1 comment:

  1. If I volunteered at THS, I would take all the dogs and cats home. I don't know how you do it!!

    ReplyDelete