Well, my bug bites are going away with the steroids, so I suppose I can write about being outside again. Actually, you know what's really cool? I can get up, hop on my knee scooter, and roll myself to my car. I don't need help. I can open both the driver's side door and the backseat driver's side door, fold up my scooter, lift it in the car, close to back door and hop on my good leg to the front door. I can go somewhere and repeat the process in reverse. I can open up my car windows, turn on some music, and sing loudly. I can be by myself. BY. MYSELF. I can be independent.
I love all the help I've gotten. I really do. But, damn, it is awesome to leave the house and go pick up something at the store without calling up and down the phone tree for a favor.
Someday, I'd love to live near a river or a lake with willow trees. I want to be able to wander down to the water's edge and write or just look around and relax. That sounds really nice right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment