The boyfriend likes to tell me how evil she is, and I do admit: she has huge nails that cut me when she lays on my chest when she wants to cuddle. He's had her for something like 15 years -- she came up to him as a young cat. She was starving, and he shared his (very spicy) lunch with her. She once killed a roadrunner that she caught; she once jumped up into the corner of the house and ate a spider. Guenie stories, from the boyfriend's mouth, are violent. Before I met her, I pictured a mean cat -- one who would bite me and growl and protect boyfriend from me.
The truth? She's old, and she's mellowed, and she's a sweetheart. She loves people -- her daddy the most, of course, but then the kid and I -- and she's even sweet to the new cat, Shadow (when she wants to be). She likes to cuddle with me when she's not sleeping. She'll nip boyfriend, but that's because he fights with her and she fights back. She'll even let the kid pick her up and cart her around the house like a rag doll.
Just like Ruckus, I'm not sure how long she'll be around, but we'll be happy for as long as we get with her.
Even if she is a bitchy, cranky beastie.
And which animal is NGS discussing today?

Pretty kitty!
ReplyDelete