Thursday, August 7, 2014

3.7: Do - Camping

I went camping this week. My friend invited me, and she brought her 3-year old and I brought my 6-year old, and we packed up and headed for northern Ohio. I'm not exactly the outdoorsy type, and though I'm not squeamish about most things, I'm still not delighted about the idea of staying in the woods. But I needed to leave for a few days, and I thought my kid would have a great time, and I really do enjoy spending time with the friend who invited me.

Since I have this stupid cast on, she had to do almost everything -- setting up the tent, getting the fire ready, getting the food prepared -- and I pretty much had to sit around on my ass and direct her, like some 50's sitcom husband. I felt guilty the whole time. I feel guilty most of the time anyway, so this wasn't a big deal.

During the day, it was all about the kids. The playground, a bouncy area, fishing, a pond to swim in, a river, other kids around. They played, we played (there was a lot of fake hypnosis going on), there was a lot of good food.

So, all in all, it was a really nice time. If my limbs don't fall off from mosquito bites.


Whatcha doin', NGS? 

No comments:

Post a Comment