I'm aware that the definition of "inertia" is staying in the same place and NOT moving, but for me, moving is just doing the same thing again.
I've moved numerous times since college. I will sit here for a minute and try to count. Hold, please.
I think this is the 10th time I've moved since 2002. It's not that I've had to skip out on my rent or anything. I graduated college, then I stayed with a friend, then I got my own place, then I got a bigger place, eventually I left my ex and moved in with my brother... later, SC and I got a big, purple house. Then I got the job out here, so we moved.
Now, we're moving into a slightly larger place.
Many people my age own their own homes. I'm not going to lie -- I'd love to have my own place. I'd love to stop moving all of the time. More than anything, I'd like to have a fenced-in backyard so I could let my dogs outside to play. I could rent a house, but I can't afford one up here in the nice part of suburbia, and I refuse to move down into the actual city. My ex-husband anxiety will go off of the charts.
I like the place that we're moving to, but my hope is that this is my last move to a rental place. I'd like to stay there for a year or two and then buy something up near where I teach. It would be nice to be able to move one more time and then actually stay there for 5-10 years.
Anyway, yay new place!

No comments:
Post a Comment