They are both part of great memories, though. They took me to my first concert -- Fiona Apple. I had very, very short hair -- it was about 6 months after brain surgery -- and I had just finished my last eye surgery, so I had a patch over my eye. We ate at Taco Bell on the way.
Another great memories also comes from that time. They took me to my first movie, post-surgery. I don't remember the movie, and I think I fell asleep during it, but my brother pulled up to the theater and my sister-in-law walked me in, arm-in-arm. After the movie, she walked me out of the Fire Exit, and he pulled up to the back to pick me up.
They also came and picked me up after the cops came; they got SC and I out of the condo that night. They kept me at their house and took care of me.
But good memories aren't enough when my son is being picked on by a grown man; when he is blamed for things he didn't do; when I'm lied to and yelled at. I'm too old for all of that.
It doesn't dull the fact that they are part of some of my favorite memories. And it doesn't dull the love.
It just dulls the pain.
Hello, NGS. Tell us a memory.

I'm going to pretend I've never seen this picture. I'm a bit concerned this creepy ass doll is going to haunt my nightmares.
ReplyDelete