Tuesday, October 14, 2014

5.14: Reach -- Wedding Bells

I love him, of course, because he's my kid. He's hilarious and intelligent and loving. He's got so many interests, and he really feels his emotions deeply.

I love her because she's my friend's child, because she's sweet and silly. I got to see her right after she was born, and she's the focus for all of my girl-clothes-buying adventures.

And they love each other. My kid is gentle and kind to the little girl who is 6 years younger than him. She thinks the older kid is pretty cool.

Is it so much of a reach that they'll get married some day?

I'd love to have my friend as family; I'd love to have the two of them fall in love.

Of course, we'll see what the future brings. I know that the chances are small. But it's still fun to dream.


Check out what NGS wrote today, 

2 comments:

  1. This is the kind of thing that's a real wake up for me that people don't think like me at all. When I look at my nieces and nephews, I never think about their romantic futures - I think about their future health, their careers, and their relationships with one another, but I never imagine their future partners. I'm always taken aback when people talk about little kids and their future romantic partners, but I know it's something that other people think about a lot and it's eye opening for me to see inside other people's thought processes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or I was REACHING to use this picture ;)

    ReplyDelete