Thursday, October 30, 2014

5.30: Contemplate -- Pronunciation

I'm a pretty damn good writer. I'm an even better writing teacher. But more than all of that, I'm a good reader. I read fast and I retain what I read. I'm the person who, when someone hands them something and says, "Will you read this?" the other person gets pissed off because they think I just skim and don't read.

Anyway. for all of those talents, I do have one shortcoming. My reading vocabulary is much, much higher than my spoken vocabulary. I attempt to use some of the words I know, but I can't actually pronounce them out loud.

Luckily, I have people around me -- especially my boyfriend, and also my coworker Chris -- who are very good at pronunciation. I can text Chris in the middle of the school day, and when he gets a chance, he'll yell the correct way to say the word across the hall to me. Or boyfriend can let me know how to say the word at home.

I don't know why I can't get the pronunciation into my head. So weird.


reverie???


No comments:

Post a Comment