Wednesday, November 12, 2014

6.12: Dream -- Christmas shopping

Back in the day, I used to have really cool dreams for the future. I'd be a famous author or date some sexy musician or do something to make my ex-boyfriends jealous. But years have passed, and although those dreams are still fun to imagine when I'm falling asleep or really bored in a meeting, I find that my true dreams are really practical, kind of boring things. They're the things that a 20-year old version of myself would have sneered at.

Oh well. You know what my big dream is right now? I want to have my holiday shopping done by December.

Imagine it. The kid, everything bought for and wrapped and hidden. My parents. My boyfriend. My boyfriend's parents. My friends, including NGS. My nieces. All purchased and wrapped. There will be no stress in December. There will be no juggling of money. I can simply sit back and hand out presents and enjoy the holiday as much as one can enjoy a holiday. I can bake cookies for the cookie exchange at work. (Note to self: do not do the cookie exchange; you'll do way too much work and get gross kinds of cookies).

Is it sad that this is my dream? I don't care. I'm pumped.



This is one of the things on SC's wish list.

I bet NGS dreams about books. And gluten. 

1 comment:

  1. Wait...are you going to be able to do this? I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete