Before the show, I talked a little bit to my student about it. He said that he had practices almost every night, and now that the show was running, he had performances 7 times a week. He's still one of the highest-achieving freshmen that I have, which says a lot about his drive to succeed. This is the first time he has been in one of the shows, and he loves it.
I bought tickets online for myself, my mom and SC. The show was "Super Sidekick: The Musical", and although I had never heard of it, it sounded like something SC would be into.
The day came for us to go to the show, and we drove to the theater. When we got there, we went inside this tiny building with a big, hand-painted sign on the front. Inside, there was a small lobby with a booth set up for kids to do crafts. We handed over our tickets and walked inside the theater. It was a theater with three viewing angles -- three rows of seats directly in front, and ten or so rows of seats on each side. We had the seats in front, so we settled down. Soon, the seats around us were filled with little kids and their parents.
The show started, and I was surprised to see that it was a tiny cast -- my student had beaten out many other teenage actors -- and that most of the cast were actually adults or students at Ohio State University. Everyone was campy and fun; they were the perfect actors for kids to watch. The play itself was also perfect for kids.
SC was really, really into the show. He laughed and clapped along and smiled the entire time. He immediately let me know that he wanted to go to many more shows there. He also thought that maybe he could audition when he got a little older. After the show, we went up and met the actors. They were nice and funny -- everything I would expect.
I was really happy for the opportunity for SC to go and see this show. Maybe he'll end up acting there one day. Or maybe we'll just go and watch, and that will be pretty cool, too.
What PLACE is NGS in today?

No comments:
Post a Comment