Sunday, November 9, 2014

6.9: Color -- New Shoes

I love shoes, but not in the caricature way that jokes about women describe. I don't have a closet full of different styles and differing heights of shoes. Instead, I buy one pair of tennis shoes (what is the correct vernacular for those? Sneakers? Kicks?) and wear them out. When I had my ankle surgery, I had just about worn through my most recent pair of Merrell's and was ready for a new pair, but since I was going to be in a cast for a couple of months, I held off. When it came time to do physical therapy (and I had two useful feet again), I grabbed an old pair of Nikes. My physical therapist AND my ankle surgeon told me that they were awful, so I found my way to the Columbus Running Company. 

Boyfriend and his running-loving family love Fleet Feet, but my physical therapist sent me to CRC, so once I got paid, I wandered over there. When I went inside, I was greeted by a nice girl, who quizzed me on what I needed. Just like when I went shopping for a car, my insides were screaming, "Pick the ones with cool colors! Pick a cheap one!", but I made myself ignore that. The girl measured my feet, watched me walk, and brought out a bevvy of pairs for me to try on. I had been buying my shoes too large, so these pairs I tried on felt really good.

Eventually, I ended up with some New Balances. They're bright blue and neon green -- very colorful. I like them a lot. She had to teach me how to tie them so that they would clench in the back, since they were a little big in the heel, but now I'm all set. And they weren't astronomically expensive, although they're probably the most expensive shoes I've owned in recent years.

Now I just have to find myself a good pair of work shoes. But this week is JEANS WEEK so I have another week before I have to really worry about that.


NGS is so colorful!

No comments:

Post a Comment