Monday, February 16, 2015

9.16: Beauty -- He Says I Am...

Thirty-five years, and the only times

I've been called

**beautiful**

are when someone wants

**something**

and I know it's an empty lie.

I look in the mirror

and I see

--fat--

--flab--

--weird--

--awful--

and I know my only beauty

lies

**inside**.

But.

HE

says I'm ~~beautiful~~

and...

I believe him.

He says,

"your eyes... they're

~~beautiful~~

they are always smiling."

He unknowingly picks out the things

that I whisper to myself

when I cry.

"You're ok... you're ok... you have pretty eyes...

you have pretty lips...

you have a calming presence..."

and he whispers them to me

in his own way.

And my heart beams.

And for once,

I'm worth something.


NGS thinks I'm beautiful, too, but she has to, because she signed a contract back in 2004. 

1 comment:

  1. There's no contract. You are beautiful. Inside and out.

    ReplyDelete