Wednesday, March 4, 2015

10.4: Place -- Shopping all over the place...

Somehow, after being horrified that I would have much less money after the ex left and our finances were separated, I've actually found myself ending up with a bit more money in the bank. Less coming in, but also much less going out. He would chide me about grocery trips or buying new shoes or something, but it turns out that purchases like that are only horrible when they're balanced out by lunches in the hospital cafeteria every day and Amazon downloads and things. So, anyway, I've been able to go shopping for fun here and there.

Actually, I haven't been buying that much more, but it's better to go shopping when you COULD buy something if you wanted to. So last weekend, I happened to go to two different places. At one, Lowe's, New Boyfriend and SC built a car together while I looked at curtains and curtain rods. I know that sounds boring, but it was kind of fun to imagine setting up my house on my own without a guy dictating what could go where. I didn't buy anything, because I'm pretty sure I could find curtains a LOT cheaper, but it was still fun.

Later, we went to this amazing comic book store called The Laughing Ogre. New Boyfriend used to work there, back in the day. I've only really been introduced to one specific comic, Sandman, but I've recently started reading more. And of course I teach Persepolis to my 9th graders. As soon as I walked in, I knew I loved the place. I mean, bookstores are my thing, anyway, and this one was filled with nerds looking at colorful comic, with geeky paraphernalia scattered around. I was delighted with everything about the store. I spent time browsing, not really knowing what I was looking at. I've become fascinated with the artwork inside comics, so I did pay attention to that. I bought SC a few things there, and nothing for myself, but I really enjoyed my time there.

New places. New places to buy things. No complaints from me!



NGS likes going grocery shopping with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment