ARGH! I was driving home tonight, and in the sky was the BIGGEST moon I have seen in forever. I didn't even know it was the moon for a second. It was seriously so, so big. I tried to get a picture of it, but I was driving, and every place I could stop to get a picture was at an angle to block the moon with a tree branch or a house or something. But it was amazing. I thought for a minute about this
young adult novel where a meteor hits the moon and it moves just a little bit closer and messes up the ocean tides and things and eventually the whole world falls apart, and I checked CNN when I got home, but no such thing has happened. It just looks REALLY big.
Since I couldn't get a picture, I leave you with the next best thing -- a picture of an introduction paragraph that one of my 9th graders turned in today. Her speech starts off with the sentence "We have all learned about the moon". It made me laugh uproariously and tease her mercilessness. She took it home to fix this weekend.
NGS, too, has learned about the moon.
No comments:
Post a Comment