Thursday, April 2, 2015

11.2: Animals -- The Damn Puppies

These puppies. These damn puppies.

They chew on everything and poop in the house after I've walked them outside. They wrestle with each other and try to climb into the bathtub when I'm relaxing.

I love the damn things.

When I got back from my 3-day vacation, they looked huge to me. I swear they've gained 10 pounds each since I adopted them.

Harper, the female, is very intelligent. This means that she's unlikely to listen, would rather not perform tricks, and can slyly get through barriers or dog-deterring things. Sherlock, the male, is a little less intelligent, but he'll do tricks and he is a master at cuddling.

My new phone charger was chewed up in the middle of the night (unplugged from the wall while I was sleeping right next to it) and my couch is gnawed at the corner.

But today I took a nap with them both, and they curled up against me, and I was in this warm huddle of puppy love.

They need training and they need to learn how to be around men and if I don't run them to exhaustion, I regret it. I often lament that I ever adopted them, but I missed them terribly on vacation, and I adore that they already consider SC and I part of their family.

So I guess I'll keep them. The assholes.


I can't wait until NGS visits so she can kiss the puppies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment