Tuesday, April 28, 2015

11.28: Cooking -- Lucy and Mexican Food

There are three big high schools in my district, and most of the teachers have no reason to see one another. However, I reached out to other Creative Writing teachers in our district a few years ago, and I got the chance to meet an amazing teacher at one of the other schools. I'll call her Lucy, for reasons which will be clear to her, and we meet a few times a year for margaritas and gossip and, at times, lesson planning.

I think we lesson planned once, maybe.

Anyway, after the first few times we hung out, we stopped being so formal. Now, we talk about boyfriends and swear and order food and we're crude. We talk about writing and Lucy even let me proofread her (amazing) book. We baked cookies with SC and Lucy's stepdaughter over winter break. It's a good friendship, and it's one of the few I've made all on my own since moving down here.

Lucy and I ordered a quesedilla and it was filled with so much food and now I feel like I'm going to throw up. But it was good, back when I ate it.

So I did not cook today.



NGS ate something much more healthy today.  



No comments:

Post a Comment