Thursday, April 9, 2015

11.9: Color -- New Orleans

When I was growing up, my neighbors had a bright, bright pink house. Most of the Puerto Rican families in my town (and there were a lot) had bright houses. I thought they were beautiful. Years later, after I left my husband, the kid and I rented a pastel lilac house from the late 1800's. It was gorgeous.

New Orleans reminded me of these houses. Maybe because it's in the deep south, places were painted with bold or unusual colors. The houses, along with the flowers and the sky and the things for sale, made this city come alive. I snapped picture after picture of the colors on houses because I knew I'd be using it for my color post come April. So here they are, in their gorgeous glory.







I took that last picture just for NGS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment