I am not, even a little bit, a party animal.
I like being social. I hate being left out. But I'm not really a drinker and I don't do drugs, and I don't really care if other people do, but I've been on morphine drips before, and nothing's going to top that. I've had water on my brain for months before, and no loss of complete clarity is ever going to be comfortable for me. I get double vision enough on my own without inducing it myself.
Small gatherings of people are nice, but I find myself, as I get older, just being more comfortable being a bit of an introvert. I'm "on" so much at work, every day -- I'm talking to classes of people, coworkers, administrators, parents, individual students constantly -- that when I'm done at the end of the day, I just want to go home and be quiet.
Write, maybe. Read. Hang out with the kid. Play on Facebook a bit. Cuddle the puppies.
I think maybe this puts me in a bit of a rut. I can't meet people if I don't go out. But I don't really want to go out.
So I am stuck in this endless cycle.
Perhaps this summer, without work all day, I will be able to rouse the energy to be social a bit more.
Or maybe I'll just nap. Meh.
Inertia was totally my idea, but I'm sick of writing about it, and I bet NGS is, too.
I want all of these prompts to be immediately buried and never returned again. If I ever do anything like this again (ha ha HA), my prompts will be: Zelda, complaints about cooking, and what my husband forgot today. Gah.
ReplyDelete