One of the things you learn about Cleveland is that their sports teams are awful. The Indians. The Cavs. The Browns. (My dad calls ALL Cleveland teams "the bums"). And if you date guys who grew up in or around Cleveland, you'll find that they are diehard Cleveland sports fans. They know they're going to lose, but they're fans anyway.
But the Cavs just won the Eastern Conference Championship.
The Cavs have sucked as long as I remember, and then they got LeBron James, and then LeBron went to Florida, and then everyone hated LeBron, and then he came back, and then everyone loves LeBron again.
He's a kid. He's a NICE kid. He does good things for his hometown. Leave him be.
Anyway, Cleveland fans in my newsfeed went wild, sharing article after article about the Cavs' win.
I can't say that I watched the game or every knew that there was still basketball going on (it's like late May) but good for them.
Good for Cleveland. They need something to keep them going.
This is as close as I can come to a picture with Cleveland sports paraphernalia, and I stole it from Mark.
NGS does not wear any Cleveland sports stuff.

James is 30 years old. He is hardly a kid. And he should not have billed himself as a hometown "kid" if he was always going to abandon Cleveland. On one hand, I can appreciate that he thought going to Miami would be the best thing for his career, but on the other hand, the way he treated the Cavs was deplorable. I have a lot of feels on the matter of James for someone who is not from Cleveland, I think.
ReplyDeleteBut let's stop calling him a kid. He's a grown ass man who has made some questionable decisions.