Saturday, December 10, 2022

1.10: Judgment

    Today, I was in charge of the whole ACT at the school where I teach. I have proctored for 20 years, and I've been in charge partially before, but today was the first time that I was in charge 100%. Like, picking proctors and assigning booklet numbers and getting people into rooms and getting the materials into the right rooms and packaging them up up after the test and shipping them back. I woke up every hour on the hour overnight, terrified that someone wasn't going to show up or I was going to do something wrong or everything was going to get messed up. 
    Everything went fine. The biggest thing that I had to do during the test was make judgment calls about proctor questions. What if the student forgot their i.d.? What if a student doesn't have a calculator? What if a girl was supposed to have accommodations and doesn't? Sometimes it was an easy answer, and sometimes I had to pull into my brain. 
    This entry is quick, because I have been up since very early and, as stated earlier, barely slept. But hurrah for that being over! Whew! 
    The picture is of my sweet little proctors, who are both former students and are great people. They felt Very Important through the whole day!









No comments:

Post a Comment