Saturday, December 17, 2022

1.17: Method

    I've been a teacher for the last 20 or so years. That sounds like forever. I don't feel anywhere near as old as I am. Spending a huge chunk of your life with high school kids will do that to you, I guess. After a very long first semester, I am ready for my winter break. Technically, I have a work day on Monday, but that will be painless. 
    Over the years, I've learned to relax on breaks, of course, but also to get as much done as I can so that I can focus on teaching the rest of the time. In the summer, I have a very specific method to how I get the house cleaned: every room has a different day, and I tackle each room once a week. Cleaning for a half hour a day leaves me lots of time to enjoy my free time. 
    Winter break isn't as long and there's a lot to do with friends and family and presents and all that. Still, I try to get some cleaning done while I have free time. The teen and I took a huge dresser full of Lego pieces to a friend's house today. I tackled my bedroom closet today, weeding through clothes that fit and clothes that will fit again soon and clothes that I'm never going to wear again, no matter what size I am. 
    Eventually I'll move to a house and find real spaces for things. Until then, I'm attempting to fit the lives of three people, a dog and a cat into a townhouse with no real storage space. I need to follow my method in order to keep the townhouse neat or I will drive myself nuts. 



                                                            Not organized yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment