I was, of course, prepared... food purchased for all creatures in the home, phones all charged up in case of loss of power, cars parked with windshield wipers sticking straight up. I had the kid carry trash outside so that we didn't have to take out trash in the cold temperatures.
So the storm came, left some snow, and then continued on, but we are still experiencing windchills of negative 30+. We all kind of retreated to our own corners to do our thing, coming back from time to time to make food or watch something or play a stupid card game that I made up that was not very much loved.
But now, we're all kind of getting on each others' nerves and the atmosphere in the house is gross and I wonder how we made it through those months of covid when we weren't really allowed to leave the house. We were all happy during covid time, and it was the same people and the same house. So odd.
Anyway, there is rain forecast in a few days, and it is supposed to be 60 next Saturday, so I suppose we will be able to leave eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment