Ah, it's come to that time of break... the time where I don't really know what to do with myself. It's exacerbated by a few things this year: namely, the snow and ice that's still all over our roads. Until the temperatures get a little higher, the salt on the roads doesn't really work, and so it's very slippery to drive around. I've been sitting here for hours, working on finding the perfect Ted Talk or motivational video to convince my senior English students that they can Change The World when we get back next week. We always do a senior Action Research Project, and I'm usually laid-back about it, but this year, I'm going super hyper and trying to get them to get really motivated.
Anyway, I stopped that, and I have to go brave the roads and get my grocery pick-up soon, but I thought I'd take a MOMENT and write my blog-o-the-day. I have one reader, really, so this is just my little journal, but I like that I'm writing every day.
I also like that I was able to get coffee this morning. Snow and holidays have left me un-caffeinated, and since that's the only non-water drink I allow myself each day, it's important that I have something hot to start my day. Or iced. But caffeinated, either way.
This is my least put-together blog entry so far this month, but I didn't have any especially exciting moments today... and I'm okay with that. If I don't have a bit of boredom every so often, how will my creative juices have time to build and boil?
My dog is going to be so sad when I go back to school on Monday.
I promise, there will be more of a theme tomorrow. Probably.
They can't all be Pulitzer-prize winners, I guess.
Sherlock! He's such a good boy.
ReplyDelete