Saturday, January 7, 2023

2.7: Contact

 Here is a list of all the steps I had to take and all the the people I had to CONTACT to get my brain medication that I need to live. 

1. Look at prescription bottle. See that there are less than a week of pills left. 

2. Look at new insurance. On January 1, my school district switched insurance.

3. Note the new mail-order pharmacy that we're going through now. 

4. Call my doctor and speak to a very nice nurse. Explain situation. She sends prescriptions to the mail-order pharmacy. 

5. I wait a few days and hear nothing from the mail-order pharmacy. 

6. I call the doctor's office back and the nurse explains that she could have the doctor write me a one-week "short script" if they haven't shipped my medication yet, but to call the new mail-order place. 

7. I call the new mail-order place and am on the phone for a half an hour, being sent from person to person (who were all nice) (but difficult to understand) until I finally find out that my medicine has been shipped and will get to me by January 12-14. 

8. My medicine will run out on January 9, so I call my doctor back and leave a message asking for the short script to be called in. 

9. I hear nothing, so I call the pharmacy on Friday night but they've already closed. 

10. I call them this morning and I speak to a pharmacist who says that they are ready, but that I'll have to get them without my insurance because the insurance already paid for the mail-order ones that are on the way. 

11. Even a one-week supply is pretty pricey. I check Good RX, which is okay, but the place where I sent the prescription is much more expensive on Good RX than other places. 

12. So now I'm calling my insurance, because this is kind of silly. 

UGH. 



No comments:

Post a Comment