Sunday, January 1, 2023

2.1: Hats

 


In my first month writing a post a day (this time around), I spent a lot of time taking photos from my phone, emailing them to myself, and then downloading them from my email and uploading them to this blog. But about a week ago, I realized that I could tap into an old version of Google Drive that I somehow have connected to this blog, and I found hundreds of old pictures on it! 

This picture is me (in the middle) with two of my favorite people that I taught with. The guy on the left is my "Work Son" who switched to another high school in the district two years ago. The woman on the right is my friend Becks. We started teaching at the high school at the same time. She's strictly the journalism and news teacher now, and her suite of rooms is in another area of the school, so we don't see each other as much as we used to, but she is the absolute best! 

I don't remember WHY we needed shark hats, but it was some random theme day, and I went to Party City and bought these for us. I think it was Twin Day, maybe, and we decided to become Triplets? 

Anyway, I love my co-workers. Since our district is HUGE -- four high schools with close to 2,000 students each, and then the corresponding middle and elementary schools to go along with that, plus a STEM school, a partnership with an amazing vocational school up the road and a rigorous College Credit program -- my co-workers who used to teach with me are spread across the district. I also have friendships with people I've never directly taught with, but whom I know because I had their children in class or because I taught the same subject as them and we wanted to collaborate, or just because. I take the time every month or so to send interoffice mail to some of my favorites who I don't see anymore. I clean out my drawers in my classroom, collect random stickers, gather free items given to us at the start of the school years -- and I put them in a big envelope with the friend's name on it and stick it in the (free) interoffice mail, and they pick it up from their mailboxes at some point. It's just a fun way to keep in touch and it's nice to get mail that's not telling you more work that you have to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment