Tuesday, January 3, 2023

2.3: Direction(s)

Day three of this diet, and I'm already remembering the directions I need to tell myself. These aren't the Weight Watchers directions... they're just mine that I've come up with to ensure success. 

1. Move as much as you can. Working out is not going to be in the books for me, but I also don't need to stay in my classroom for periods that I have off. I can wander down to the office, go over to see my nieces, park further away from stores, volunteer to walk the dog even though it's technically my kid's chore.

2. Don't mindlessly eat. As I'm typing this, I'm hungry, and I have a bag of "Thinkful" within my reach, and I'm grabbing and munching. It's hardly any calories, but handful after handful doesn't help because even "hardly" adds up.

3. Avoid dairy, sugar and carbs. This does not mean to cut them out all together (Thank you, South Beach Diet), but it means to minimize them in my life. 

4. Plan foods ahead as much as possible. I was tutoring today afterschool, and I realized that I was very hungry but also out of healthy options in my car, so I pulled into a Sheetz and got a juice and some pretzels. They filled my stomach until I could get home, but it would have been better if I had just brought something pre-planned. 

5. Breakfast is tough. This week, I'm having toast with peanut butter and a piece of fruit, but that's actually too many points to start my day, so I'll have to figure it out next week. 

6. Eating healthy is expensive. 

So I'm talking myself through this week, reminding myself that I'm not going to lose a TON because I have to get back into the routine, but the important thing is to not give up and not try. So we shall see!

                                Dear sugary, creamy, delicious iced Starbucks coffee, I miss you. 

1 comment:

  1. Now you understand why I have a cooler of food with me at all times! I may not know when I'm going to get hungry, but it's not going to be as I'm driving by a Wendy's and am tempted to get a Frosty!

    ReplyDelete