Tuesday, June 17, 2014

1.17: Bedtime -- My Couch

Popular literature tells me that I should enjoy sleeping next to the one that I love. I should burrow into his warm body, throwing one leg over his, nestling myself into the curve of his body. At some time in the middle of the night, it's required that I allow him to spoon me, pulling me into his body.

I... don't do that.

About half of the week, my boyfriend has to go to work in the morning or he has an important test in college. He sleeps better when he has the bed to himself. I'm kind of an inconsiderate bedmate -- I steal covers and snore and get up and down a zillion times a night. So I happily gather up my pillows and blanket and make myself a bed on the couch.

My couch is gross, too. It's this scratchy fabric that's not very conducive to sleep. But it allows me to push my back up against the side which relieves pressure on my back (goodbye 20's). And, honestly, I fall asleep within 5 minutes almost every night, and I'm out like a rock. I wake up when the cat sits on my face and I can't breathe, and of course a couple times a night to pee. The dog curls up on the floor next to me, and the other cat just ignores me because that's how she is. But otherwise, I sleep well.

I'll have surgery in a few weeks, and for the first few nights I'll sleep upright in my blue recliner, and I'm okay with that, too.

So, no offense to boyfriend (and I know he doesn't really care either), but I'm okay with sleeping on the couch.


 NGS published WAY before me today. 

1 comment:

  1. Dr. BB and I climb into our separate sides of the bed, kiss each other goodnight, and immediately turn our backs on one another to sleep. Cuddling is not a thing. But if I ever want to initiate middle of the night adult activities, he's right there. That's convenient.

    Also, I don't remember the last time I had to pee in the middle of the night, let alone a couple of times a night. I would be ENRAGED if that happened to me. Sleep is precious, you know!!

    ReplyDelete