It's summer, and I'm a teacher. This means that I get a few months off -- if you don't count the constant planning for class next year, talking to my fall student teacher, and classes to help me be a better teacher. I'm also having surgery at the beginning of July which will cause me to be non-weight-bearing for 6 weeks, so the ending to my summer will mostly consist of me sitting in my big blue recliner with my ankle up in the air. I'm okay with this -- it will give me time to read and write and sew the blanket of my kid's baby shirts.
Before that, I'm heading to Nashville with the Best Friend for a few days! Yay!
However, this also means that my poor kid will have an abbreviated summer. I'm his ticket to summer fun. So, for my guilty conscience, this means that we are shoving all kinds of summer fun into five weeks. I'm not sure if this is counter-intuitive. Monday went like this: 9:00 Hike 11:00 Library 1:00 Grandma's 3:00 Humane Society 6:00 Swim Lessons -- and we've got days with the zoo, or with different activities or presentations, or with play dates. What's supposed to be a laid-back, calm part of the year is somehow more intense than the most intense part of the year. I don't know what's going to happen next month (mom? dad? help?!) but I'm going to give him an awesome summer -- just in miniature.
It brings to mind the mini-date that Ted had with Stella on How I Met Your Mother. It had everything that a big date would have had, but it was shortened. That's kind of how my summer looks. My short summer.
Now go slide over to the Bestie's website to see what she wrote about.

But why do you have a physical calendar? What do you do when someone asks if you can do X three weeks from now if your calendar is at home?
ReplyDeleteHello, my name is NGS and I am an addict. I am addicted to Google calendar and all of its many functions.
I like being able to actually write what I'm doing. I can see patterns best in month view. And I have a handheld calendar that goes most places with me.
ReplyDelete