Tuesday, July 15, 2014

2.15: Inertia -- Sitting in this damn chair

I'm slowly taking fewer painkillers than I was right after my surgery.

This is a good thing -- I'm more coherent, I stay awake longer, I can eat, and my body seems to function correctly.

I'm still in pain, but it's an underlying, throbbing pain, so I can get through it.

The problem is that I still can't actually DO very much. I have a walker, so I can hobble from the bed to the big blue chair. I can get up to slowly, methodically, make my way to the bathroom. But after the first few steps, sweat breaks out on my face. I'm exhausted -- literally exhausted -- when I get to where I'm going. I'm scared that I'm going to fall as I'm standing up or sitting down or moving from one place to another. I did fall, once, last Saturday. It hurt, and I was afraid that I'd messed up something even more.

So I'm in this state of inertia. Luckily, I have an amazing support system that's taking care of me. I know that they're slowly going back to their own lives, and this scares me. I can do it, though. I just have to remember that slow is okay.

And, for now, inertia is just fine.


Walker, big blue chair, and the wrapped-up foot. I see this view a lot.

What's sexy ol' NGS have to say about INERTIA?

1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget the first day I used crutches to get into school. I was sure I was going to have a heart attack by the time I reached my scooter by Bev's desk!! And any makeup I put on that morning?? Dripping off with the sweat. I am soooooo thinking of you!!! Hang in there.....

    ReplyDelete