Wednesday, July 2, 2014

2.2: Animals -- Ruckus!

     I didn't need another pet, since I already had the best dog in the whole world, CookieParker. But I went to the Humane Society anyway, looking for one specific kind of dog -- a female, young, black lab or Rottweiler mix. Or German Shepherd mix. That would be okay too.
     I came home with a tiny, fluffy little male puppy.
     When I walked into the Humane Society, there were SO MANY puppies there. It was crazy. Cages upon cages upon cages of litters of puppies. But I was good. I kept to my strict guidelines. I didn't get a cute little poodle, or a male golden lab or anything. I probably walked past 40 puppies, petting them and loving on them, but I didn't want to adopt any of them. But then, I stopped. There was a litter of Shar-Pei puppies, and in the middle, a tiny, adorable, fluffy little mini Rottweiler.
     It turned out that the puppy was a male. He was a mix -- Shar-Pei and Rottweiler. He was going to be around 85 pounds. I held him and he cuddled up to me. When I had to put him down to sign the papers, he cried. I fell in love with him, even though he didn't exactly fit my requirements.
     I named him Ruckus. He never got very large -- he's more Cocker Spaniel than Rottweiler -- and he's a big baby. He's 12 now, and his eyes and ears are fading, and he's anxious most of the time. He loves his mom the most, and he's been with me through a lot. He's a good boy, and I'm lucky to have him. I don't know how much longer he'll be with me, but I'm hoping he's got a few years left in him. Love you, Ruckus.



What does the NGS say? Doo doo doo doo do do do.

1 comment: