Thursday, July 3, 2014

2.3: Think -- The Unicorn

     There used to be this store called Kirkland's at one of the malls closest to me. Apparently there are still a few stores in the area, but the closest is like 90 miles from me. Anyway, I loved this store. You could always count on it to find tacky things that went really well in your house. It was amazing. Luckily for my boyfriend, the store is not around anymore. I actually still have one piece of furniture from there, but it's pretty tame.
      Anyway, the boyfriend doesn't like clutter in his house. He despises knick-knacks and things on the wall. He would prefer austere and plain. I am not like that. I like my little things around me. Rhinos, Picasso paintings, globes, pillows... cute stuff. And usually, I just let him have his way. But this past weekend, when I was in Nashville, I saw something really cool. It was a blow-up unicorn head for the wall. You know like those deer heads that hunters have on their wall? I took a picture and asked if I could get it for our house. Of course he answered NO. Why? Because we THINK differently. I think that the unicorn would be hilarious in our house. He thinks it would be tacky. Well, okay, I think it would be tacky, too, but I'm okay with that.
     I did not end up getting the unicorn head. But it was cute, damn it!


What does NGS think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment