Monday, July 21, 2014

2.21: Laughter -- My Easiest Target

It was so random, but I came across "America's Funniest Home Videos" on Netflix. The kid was sitting with me, and I thought he would enjoy it, so I turned it on.

What followed was an hour and a half of us laughing, hysterically.

I suppose it was bound to happen -- I raised him pretty much on my own, so he got his sense of humor from me. We laugh at the same things. Our eyes meet at times when we're supposed to be serious, and we struggle to keep from bursting into laughter. I know we annoy my boyfriend at times. We also annoy my dad.

But the sound of him laughing so hard he can barely get the sound out of his throat, seeing his cheeks and eyes scrunched up, his body bent over, his hands on his stomach -- it's pure joy. Pure, complete, weird-mother joy.

It's the best. HE is the best.

I love that kid.


What makes NGS laugh this month? 

1 comment:

  1. Have you watched Wipeout with him? It's the kind of show that makes no impact on me when I'm by myself, but if I watch it with other people, I can hardly stop laughing. I think he would like it!

    ReplyDelete