Wednesday, July 23, 2014

2.23: Writing -- Where has the inspiration gone?

You know, I'm a damn good writer. I've spent my life writing and being praised for it. I've found my writing held up as an example, quoted, gushed over. I love writing.

I did, anyway.

Now, something holds me back from writing. Is it the widespread admiration that others have gotten, while I am only praised within my social circle? Is it the ways that my own thoughts have been used against me in the past? Is it the rut of motherhood, of suburbia? What is it?

I'm not sure.

Part of me knows that I should be writing a novel, marketing it, and making lots of money to pay off debts and save for the future. But then another part of me knows how impossible that is.

So, as it is, I'm plugging along every day on this blog, trying to find that spark inside of me that writes for writing's sake, and not for some imagined glory.

Maybe someday, right?


What's NGS up to today? 

1 comment:

  1. I keep all of my posts in a Word document (because of course I do) and all the 365 Photo Posts add up to over 20 pages already. I actually consider myself a barely adequate writer most days, but I like the idea of pushing myself to work on a skill every single day, especially a skill that is so important in life. Even if no one reads these posts but us, I think it's worth our time and then some!

    ReplyDelete