Sunday, July 27, 2014

2.27: Media -- Immigrants

Lately, in the media, there's been a lot of talk about children who are coming across the border of the United States without proper certification. On one side, people say that we should allow them to come in, to give them a home and a place in this country. Other people are saying that we should send them back. Sadly, the side that wants to send them back is the same side that quotes the Bible when it benefits them.
I know that it's a hardship to have all of these new people coming into the country, but I think that it's a problem that we're going to have to work with. After all, someone in each American's family was an immigrant at one time or another -- well, unless they're Native American. I can't see looking all these children -- CHILDREN -- in the eyes and kicking them back into a country where poverty, rape and starvation awaits them.

What media has NGS chosen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment