Saturday, August 16, 2014

3.16: Beauty -- What is beauty?

"I am beautiful," I tell myself and the world, "I'm beautiful and comfortable in my body, inside and out."

It's not true. I'm not beautiful, and it's typical for me to blame every misstep or failure on how I look.

I'm not beautiful, but I'm loved. Does that mean that I find worth in other peoples' opinions of me, or does that mean that I'm a good person and people can see that?

Will my confidence go up as my weight goes down, or will it stay the same - nice and low?

Once I lose weight, I fear I'll just latch on to other problems, showing me that the problem lies within. First, my teeth. Then my scars. Maybe my eyes? My nose?






How much more will I sacrifice in the name of beauty?

What's NGS got to say? It's her birthday, yo!


No comments:

Post a Comment