Saturday, September 13, 2014

4.13: Happy - Lockers

The kids at school put signs on each other's lockers. Last year, my hallway was the senior hallway, and some signs were cruel or uninspired. This year, though, my hallway is filled with freshmen. Some of their signs are adorable! There are messages to football players, to tennis players, to soccer players, to band members -- each wishing them well.

School spirit has never been a huge deal at any of the high schools I've attended or taught at. I mean, I guess we like our school and hope for them to win, but it's not as big of a deal as Sweet Valley High books or anything. As the adviser of the class of 2017, I feel like I should do something to bring about more school spirit, but I have no idea what to do. I suggested decorating hallways for homecoming, and apparently they stopped doing that the year before I got there because it was too expensive and created a mess. So I'm back to the drawing board.

The administrators got buckets of ice water dumped on them at the last pep rally, though, so that was cool.


What makes NGS happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment