One of my favorite things to do when I pick up my son from school is to look at all of the writing assignments and artwork from the last week. They're typically hung up on the walls or displayed in the classroom. Some kids always do amazing work. They follow the assignment and write about things like their pets and their parents and flowers and stuff. Other ones... those are the ones I like. The best ones are the ones that write about either (a) inadvertently sexual situations or (b) ridiculous things.
The other day, I was browsing the walls, when I came across the following gem.
This was so, so cute. I love that he wanted to learn to do a science experiment -- science is the best! -- but it was Nevada part that made me laugh. Is this a gambler in training? Does he have family in Nevada? What makes someone want to learn about that particular state?
I couldn't teach 2nd grade, but I love visiting!
I want his teacher to design an entire curriculum around science in Nevada - STDs, probability, and nuclear weapons. Second grade would never be better!
ReplyDelete