But I love animals so much more.
A person can talk to me, and we can have an intellectual conversation. More likely, we can make snide remarks or dirty jokes, and laugh and laugh. And that's great. I love it. But animals can cuddle. My kitten can purr, and I will absolutely melt. The dog will curl up next to me all night, guarding me. Don't tell my kid, but I'm the only one the gecko actually likes.
Almost everyone knows about my rhino obsession, and I've always been like a sponge, sucking up knowledge about wild animals.
CookieParker, my dog in college, was seriously the yin to my yang. An emaciated black lab mix, I helped her learn to love people and food again, and when I had to put her down a few years ago, she was fat and loving and happy. I cried like a baby when she was gone.
I think we love animals because we see a reflection of what we want to see. They are loving when we need to be loved; they are protective when we need protection; they are obedient when we need to be dominant.
When my anxiety runs high, one of the things that will assuage it is to cuddle with an animals. It's best when the kitten curls up and purrs. That soothes me beyond imagine.
I love people, but I love animals more.
NGS? Animals?

Yes. To all of this.
ReplyDeleteAlso, kitty and doggie cuddles....awwwwww....