No, cat, no. That is not your place. I am grading papers and entering them into my online gradebook. You have had all weekend to spend with me. I've fed you treats. I cuddled you. You are good, seriously. There are two other humans in this house who adore you. You do not need to sit on my papers to grade.
Cat, look. I don't have the energy to grade all these papers, but I still do it. I write thoughtful messages on each one. These particular essays are about race in America, and I think it's really important that I respond personally to each student's feelings on the matter. But if you sit here, I'm just going to gather you up and cuddle you and ignore the papers. And that's not good.
So, cat, that's not your place. Go lay in the cat bed that I bought for you. It's pink. There are boxes around the house. You could sit in one of those. You like boxes.
Please?
Go see what NGS has to say about place.

No comments:
Post a Comment