Saturday, September 6, 2014

4.6: Sky -- Beautiful Day

You know those days where the sun is shining and it's warm and the air smells great? The days where happy people go running and college kids throw frisbees to each other while giggling?

I hate those days.

I don't know what it is, but all that perfection bothers me. I like chaos. I like rain and impending doom and feeling safe inside the monsoon. It calms me to watch the wind throw leaves against my windows. I love the crack of thunder, the flash of lightning.

A beautiful day is bland and unimaginative. It's pretty, sure, but where's the life in that? It's pat and mundane. It urges me to go outside and view the world, and I don't know that I want to do that.

Somewhere, a psychiatrist is reading this, aching to diagnose me. She's leaning forward, drooling at the thought of all the pleasure she could get out of curing me of my deluded thoughts.

I don't care. I'd still take a storm over a beautiful sky. Deal with it.


I really hate this topic. Maybe NGS figured out something to do with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment