There are ways I could get a baby. The current situation could stay on a decent path, and we could have one. Or we could break up and I could meet someone. I could go to a sperm bank. I could adopt. Even though I'm past the prime child-bearing years, I'm not out of the game yet.
There are three people in my department at work who are either having babies or fathering babies. Another one is adopting. I'm so happy for them -- but there's envy, too. My good friend has a baby who is almost 1, and when I hold her, I just cuddle her up and breathe in the baby smell. I buy her tons of baby clothes and books and spoil the crap out of her.
Last night, SC had a school Halloween thing, and there was a family in front of us in line. They had a little girl who was under a year old -- and she had a Princess Leia hat on. She was crazy adorable.
So much envy. I want a baby!
I already know this post annoyed NGS. What is her sin this month?!

No comments:
Post a Comment