Sunday, October 5, 2014

5.5: Fun -- Photo Booths

I love photo booths. They used to be a great way to get random, fun pictures of yourself with other people. Today, we live with our cell phones in our faces, and we're constantly posting pictures to Facebook or Instagram or Snapchat, and so pictures have ceased to be special and are instead just normal. But photo booths... photo booths make pictures fun again.

At the Homecoming dance yesterday, our DJ brought a photo booth and a whole set-up of props. People could take pictures for free (well, "free" as in "we paid for them with our class cabinet money"). So, of course, I took advantage of this. I took one set with SC and I. There weren't any steps for him to stand on, so I had to lift him every time, and he is heavy. Therefore, the pictures of me looked as though I was in pain -- and he was laughing hysterically. In the other set, I was by myself.

Some of our teacher chaperones took some great pictures of themselves, too, with props. They're hilarious! I think it would be great if people would have photo booths around more often. I have some great ones of NGS and myself from a few years ago. They're better than selfies.

That was fun yesterday, though!


1 comment: