Saturday, October 4, 2014

5.4: Place -- Homecoming

Yesterday was our school's Homecoming dance, and I was in charge. My friend Al and I and our class cabinet members planned, organized, and decorated for the event of the year. (It was likely not the event of the year.) Besides a brief problem with the online ticket orders and the ensuing parental pandemonium, it went off without a hitch. I mean, as far as I know. I could get back to work tomorrow and I will find out that something happened I was not aware of.

Because boyfriend was on a plane and my parents were at a wedding and SC's two babysitters were actually at the dance, I had nowhere for SC to go, except for with me. So he was with me from 7 yesterday morning (buying orange juice, doughnuts and bagels for the kids decorating), to the morning of decorating at the school, to shopping in the afternoon, to a quick nap (for me, not him), to a hurried dinner and then being back to the school at 7 at night and then staying up until we got home at midnight. He was really great. The decorations excited him, dressing up amused him, talking to the DJ impressed him, and dancing with me on the dance floor with the teenagers delighted him.

I love when different worlds of mine collide. It's fun when students meet my kid and when the kid meets my students. I like mixing up different groups of friends. My mom volunteers at the office in my school on Tuesdays and she's always meeting my students. People get to take who I am in one place and apply that in another place.

Plus, I like showing off my cute kid.


Where's NGS's place?

No comments:

Post a Comment