Tuesday, November 18, 2014

6.18: Memories -- Stealing?

I don't remember how old I was, but I had to have been around three or four. I was in preschool at Kinder Kare, a daycare-type place. My parents must have sent me there for socialization, since it was just me and my two much older brothers in the family. We had little cubbies to put our stuff. One day, I saw a doll or a stuffed animal or something that I wanted. I was pretty spoiled, so if I really wanted the toy, I could have asked my parents or grandparents for it, and I would have gotten it. But I apparently wanted the toy immediately, so I took it.

My grandparents picked me up, and when we were at their house, I took the doll out and started playing with it. My grandma asked me where I got it, and I don't remember what I responded, but she figured out that I had taken it. She made me immediately take it back to school, give it back, and apologize. I wasn't punished, but I was ashamed of myself.

I never stole anything again.


I love reading about NGS's memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment