Friday, November 21, 2014

6.21: Laughter -- And tears...

Seriously? A snow day on November 17th? Snow, on November 17th?

I woke up on Monday, and looked outside, and thought that at the most we would have a delay.

But I did my normal morning thing when there's snow; I sat in my blue chair and pulled my big, warm blanket over me. I watched the news, and listened to the weather reports as the closings and cancellations rolled across the bottom of the screen.

Of course, we have cell phones now, and so I get a text message when we're delayed and cancelled. So I got the delay message, and I settled in to wait and see.

And then we canceled.

Here's the thing. It's November. I have -- well, HAD -- 7 days with my students before Thanksgiving. Now I have 6. And two of those days, a third of my students will be gone to go to some exotic locale for Thanksgiving. And I'm trying to do justice to Fahrenheit 451. And I was supposed to get my yearly observation today. AND my student teacher only has a few days left.

So it was a pain in the ass. I laughed when I saw the irony of it. I didn't really cry, but I groaned, on the inside.

Anyway, I got some grading done and I cleaned the house from top to bottom since I didn't have time to do so over the weekend. And I folded clothes and put them away. So it wasn't a total loss, but I prefer my snow days to come in January and February!



What's NGS laughing about? 

1 comment: