Thursday, November 20, 2014

6.20: Lessons -- Teaching the Baby

It took my co-teacher a while to warm up to me, but now I'm fairly certain that I'm one of her favorite people. I know she's one of mine. She's got a tough outer shell, but she laughs with me on a daily basis, and she's absolutely sweet inside.

Last year, she had an adorable baby girl (SC would like me to call her Darth CutiePie on here...) I immediately became attached to her, and so did SC. Even though there is a 6-year difference between the two of them, they really like one another. One of the most wonderful things about watching the two of them is seeing what lessons SC teaches... ahem, Darth CutiePie... little things. My coteacher is so laid-back and awesome, too. She'll let SC carry CutiePie around, while I'm throwing myself under her in case he drops her.

The other day, the four of us met up at Target. I saw this dress there that I really wanted to get for the little cutiepie. We got the dress and then wandered around the store for an hour, looking at things and scoping out bowties for SC. We got to the Christmas section, and we took CutiePie around to show her things. She was so excited to see the lights. Her face lit up when she saw a cardboard Santa's sleigh. She is so intelligent, and it's amazing to watch her grow up.

I don't know if I'll ever have a little girl of my own, but I'm glad that I can buy CutiePie adorable girl clothes and carry her around department stores. Oooh -- and buy her Barbies. I can't wait to buy her Barbies. No matter what her mom says.


What lesson does NGS have for us today? 



No comments:

Post a Comment