Saturday, November 29, 2014

6.29: Music -- Christmas songs are back

I threw on the Pandora station when we put up the tree. I tried to make an effort; really, I did. I know that 'tis the season, and all that. But Christmas songs really just kind of make me ill.

It's not the religious connotation or the traditional feel of the songs. It's not even that I don't like Christmas. It's just that Christmas songs remind me of the things that annoy me about Christmas. To me, there are cool things about Christmas, but mostly in my memory it's paired together with moth balls and old wrapping paper. Not offensive by any means, just kind of repetitive and boring.

I do like that I have all of my shopping done, because that's usually a Christmas stressor. So there's one less.

Sorry. I'm rather bah-humbug today. My house looks cute, at least.



1 comment:

  1. I think you should listen to Los Straightjackets Christmas album. I can't listen without being a happy camper!

    ReplyDelete