Sunday, November 30, 2014

6.30: Contemplate -- Check out my socks

Guys, I'm 35. I'm getting old. Whatever. I saw some list the other day about the 10 things that you're too old to do in your 30's. Screw that. One of the things the article said was that in  your 30's, you are too old to wear mismatched socks.

My dears, I will be wearing mismatched socks until the day I die. NGS and I will be sitting side by side in our nursing home, eating jello and watching figure skating, our legs propped up on our walkers, mismatched socks a-blazin'. I will order socks from Little Mismatched as long as that website is around.

My students expect my socks to not match. How could I possibly deny them the pleasure of checking out my socks? It's my thing. It's cute. It's fun. It fits my personality. I, too, am an oxymoron -- but I work. I'm sweet and salty and it comes out to something awesome. That's my mismatched socks. Two things that shouldn't go together, but do.

So, although this topic is "contemplate", I actually have nothing to contemplate. I love my socks. So be it.


Let's see what NGS has to contemplate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment